March 11, 2014 Speaker
Dr. Carl Indovina, Trinity Services, Inc.
Director – Autism Program
FLASH: Starting July, 2013 the 7:00 p.m. Monthly Meetings are held at:
**** SUBURBAN ACCESS ****
**** 900 Maple Ave, Homewood, IL 60430 ****
Parents and Advocates working together to assure quality life choices for all people with disabilities.
Our goal is to assure the right access, whatever community support services are needed, for persons with disabilities of all ages enabling them to:
- Manage their own affairs to the greatest extent possible
- Fully participate as members in the mainstream of community life
- Live in a home, independent living, or with family
- Work a meaningful job and participate in the community activities of their choice
- Live with dignity, exercising their rights and enjoying the respect of their fellow citizens
WHAT WE DO TO FURTHER OUR GOALS
- We work to develop an organization through which individuals and existing advocacy groups can collaborate and work together to advocate for the supports and services people with disabilities need to achieve their goals
- We work to develop strong, united, consumer-driven advocacy activities in the South Suburban Service Network and throughout the State of Illinois
- We collect and disseminate information about pending legislation, funding, service support opportunities, programs and policies that impact people with disabilities at the local, state and federal government levels
ADVOCATES UNITED MEETINGS ARE ON THE 2ND TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH AT 7:00 P.M.
LOCATION: Suburban Access, 900 W. Maple Avenue, Homewood, IL 60430
(Maple Ave is 1 ½ miles south of the I-80 South Halsted Street Exit)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
CALL: 708-799-9190 and ASK FOR “ADVOCATES UNITED”
Visit the “Pages” section on our website for updated information and meeting announcements